10/27/2014

Welcome Marauders!

I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good!

It took me a while to get a name for my blog since all the obvious Harry Potter themed ones were taken. So I picked up my copy of Fantastic Beast & Where To Find Them by Newton Scamander and picked out a beast. My choice was, obviously, the Kneazle. And just in case you don't have your copy of Fantastic Beasts at hand (you can get your copy for 1 Galleon 11 Sickles at Flourish & Blotts), let me explain with the words of Newt just what a Kneazle is.

The Kneazle was originally bred in Britain, though it is now exported worldwide. A small cat-like creature with flecked, speckled or spotted fur, outsize ears and a tail like a lion's, the Kneazle is intelligent, independent and occasionally aggressive, though if it takes a liking to a witch or wizard, it makes an excellent pet. The Kneazle has an uncanny ability to detect unsavoury or suspicious characters and can be relied upon to guide its owner safely home if they are lost. Kneazles have up to eight kittens in a litter and can be interbreed with cats. Licences are required for ownership as (like Crups and Fwoopers) Kneazles are sufficiently unusual in appearance to attract Muggle interest. © Fantastic Beats & Where to Find them, J.K. Rowling, Comic Relief, Bloomsbury
So now you know what a Kneazle is and I hope you find them just as cute as I do! I found this picture by Xenia-Cat (check out her website here)and it is absolutely amazing!! I wish I could draw as good as this, but whenever I try...let's just say most of it ends up in the bin.


Drawing of a Kneazle by Xenia-Cat

As you probably figured I'm a potterhead. So obviously im on pottermore as well. My nickname is TurmAccio9951 and I'm part of Ravenclaw™ house! If your on pottermore please comment your nicknames, I'd love to add you all as friends!

Mischief Managed!

Coming up next: House Crest Pins Review

No comments:

Post a Comment